Friday, March 31, 2006

Computerised Billing

We recently left British Gas because of their high prices and inefficient customer services. We kept trying to get a final bill from them, and it didn't arrive, though several letters for our landlord did, which we forwarded on. About a week after Ali had phoned (again) to ask how much we owed and was told there was no ammount outstanding, we received a final demand threatening us with legal action, gas cut off etc. We phoned them up immediately and were told that 3 letters had been sent to us previously demanding payment, and refused to admit that they had been sent to the wrong person! Completely unhelpful and no chance of an apology. Anyhow, we paid the ammount straight away and asked for a receipt. We then got a bill for the ammount we had just paid a week later! I phoned up to confirm that it was a mistake, and asked again for a receipt. That was last week sometime.

Today, I found a British Gas letter on the doormat, and though 'ah, the receipt has finally arrived!'
No such luck. Its a bill - for £0.00!

I am just waiting to get a final demand from them. I reckon it will be easier to avoid all communication and just send them a cheque when that happens!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home