More crap weather, noisy kids and a surprise in the post.
Today was awful. I had 3 bad lessons in a row, all teaching the same lesson to different groups. The teacher had tried to make the cover work interesting and varied, as they are supposed to, but it was way too deep for many of the low ablility kids. I only really 'got' exactly what she wanted them to do the third time I delivered the lesson! Because they didn't quite get it, the kids were noisy and disrespectful and I ended up shouting. This means that the sore throat I have been fighting since the weekend has suddenly flared up again, I could actually feel my throat swelling a bit!
Then, on the way to the bus stop, there was a nasty storm, howling wind and small hailstones included. My new cheapy umbrella twisted itself into knots and ended up simply flapping in my face, so I closed it as best I could and stuffed it in the nearest bin. Unfortunately there was nowhere to stop and wait it out, not that I would have as I would then have missed the bus. As a result, I was completely soaked by the time I got to the bus stop, at which point it stopped raining and resumed being pissy low flying clouds, as usual. Thankfully the bus was more or less on time, but I felt bad making the seat damp. I was VERY wet, think drowned rat. Even my big, sturdy boots had water sloshing around inside.
I squelched home, wondering how much fun the cold germs were having while I was shivering along in a slight, but chilly breeze. I stopped at the corner shop to get milk for consolatory hot chocolate, planning to spend the evening warming up in bed with something hot to drink.
On the doorstep was a big envelope addressed to me, and I knew it was either my leave to remain or they had sent all my paperwork back and rejected my application. The envelope was really huge, but I couldn't tell if my passport was in it or not just by feeling it. I was really nervous for the minute or two it took to strip off and find a clean tracksuit.
Turns out the reason I couldn't feel the passport is because they had opened it to the page with my shiny new residence permit so it was quite flat. I am really excited now - as of 2 days ago, I have indefinite leave to remain in the UK!
It has been a long, expensive undertaking so far, but worth it. I think I am going to turn that consolation hot chocolate into a celebratory one! Cheers!
Then, on the way to the bus stop, there was a nasty storm, howling wind and small hailstones included. My new cheapy umbrella twisted itself into knots and ended up simply flapping in my face, so I closed it as best I could and stuffed it in the nearest bin. Unfortunately there was nowhere to stop and wait it out, not that I would have as I would then have missed the bus. As a result, I was completely soaked by the time I got to the bus stop, at which point it stopped raining and resumed being pissy low flying clouds, as usual. Thankfully the bus was more or less on time, but I felt bad making the seat damp. I was VERY wet, think drowned rat. Even my big, sturdy boots had water sloshing around inside.
I squelched home, wondering how much fun the cold germs were having while I was shivering along in a slight, but chilly breeze. I stopped at the corner shop to get milk for consolatory hot chocolate, planning to spend the evening warming up in bed with something hot to drink.
On the doorstep was a big envelope addressed to me, and I knew it was either my leave to remain or they had sent all my paperwork back and rejected my application. The envelope was really huge, but I couldn't tell if my passport was in it or not just by feeling it. I was really nervous for the minute or two it took to strip off and find a clean tracksuit.
Turns out the reason I couldn't feel the passport is because they had opened it to the page with my shiny new residence permit so it was quite flat. I am really excited now - as of 2 days ago, I have indefinite leave to remain in the UK!
It has been a long, expensive undertaking so far, but worth it. I think I am going to turn that consolation hot chocolate into a celebratory one! Cheers!


2 Comments:
How awesome! That's wonderful.
Congrats, little cousin that is very good news well done. Makarakoto. (or however you spell it)
That is really good news and hope you enjoyed the hot chocolate even more with that.
From your cousins in NZ, Dave and Jo Brendan and Natasha
Post a Comment
<< Home