First week of term
Well, I survived. Wasn't too bad actually, seeing as it started on Tuesday (after Easter Monday) and ended on Thursday, with Friday being a staff training day. Only had one day of hectic cover on Thursday when both the drama teachers were out on a trip, so I spent most of the first 2 days repairing displays. Next week is going to be a bit of a shock, coz there are 2 trips, each of 2-3 days, with at least 2 teachers out on each one. At least that wasn't this week, it would have been a bit of a shocker coming back to that after a nice holiday.
Ali has been in Oxford on a confrence the past 3 days, I am looking forward to having her back home tonight! Of course, she is off flying tomorrow morning, so I won't get to spend much time with her, and on Monday and Tuesday I am helping out with the GCSE drama performances in the evening! Her folks arrive on Thursday, and we have a friend's wedding on Friday. Liz is also coming to the UK, and managed to chose the same dates to visit as Ali's folks, so we will have to find a way to see her sometime too, in between going to the opera, visiting family and, oh yes, going to work! Its going to be hectic, as it is right in the middle of the term - 3 weeks earlier or later and I would have been on easter hols or half term week. Great timing people! I am, none the less, looking forward to it all, and spent a chunk of my hols spring cleaning, so this weekend all we need to do is a quick vacuum, wipe and tidy, instead of the prolonged scrubbing it took to get the bath clean over easter!
Ali has been in Oxford on a confrence the past 3 days, I am looking forward to having her back home tonight! Of course, she is off flying tomorrow morning, so I won't get to spend much time with her, and on Monday and Tuesday I am helping out with the GCSE drama performances in the evening! Her folks arrive on Thursday, and we have a friend's wedding on Friday. Liz is also coming to the UK, and managed to chose the same dates to visit as Ali's folks, so we will have to find a way to see her sometime too, in between going to the opera, visiting family and, oh yes, going to work! Its going to be hectic, as it is right in the middle of the term - 3 weeks earlier or later and I would have been on easter hols or half term week. Great timing people! I am, none the less, looking forward to it all, and spent a chunk of my hols spring cleaning, so this weekend all we need to do is a quick vacuum, wipe and tidy, instead of the prolonged scrubbing it took to get the bath clean over easter!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home