If anyone actually reads this (apart from Dad), you may wonder why I have disappeared from Facebook. To be honest, I don't really know. My account was disabled with no warning or explanation, and my many emails to Facebook have gone unanswered over a week later.
The 'help' page suggests that I may have violated their terms of use, and other web forums give more concrete reasons that accounts are disabled suddenly and without warning. To my knowledge, I have not done any of those things!
I am not impressed at their lack of communication, however I am keeping my emails polite and concise, for now. If they condescend to reinstate my account, I will be cutting my losses! I will simply use it to back up all the contact details I actually want / need then abandoning it, since one can never actually delete it completely anyway! My final status update will be a warning to all other users to back up contact details in case this random 'disabling' happens to their accounts.
Ah well, back to 'old fashioned' email and blogging for me!
The 'help' page suggests that I may have violated their terms of use, and other web forums give more concrete reasons that accounts are disabled suddenly and without warning. To my knowledge, I have not done any of those things!
I am not impressed at their lack of communication, however I am keeping my emails polite and concise, for now. If they condescend to reinstate my account, I will be cutting my losses! I will simply use it to back up all the contact details I actually want / need then abandoning it, since one can never actually delete it completely anyway! My final status update will be a warning to all other users to back up contact details in case this random 'disabling' happens to their accounts.
Ah well, back to 'old fashioned' email and blogging for me!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home