This stuff actually works!
Having de-fuzzed my legs at the weekend, I noticed that without the dark hair my legs are actually pretty white, verging on glow-in-the-dark! As I am wearing a dress to Melissa & Ivan's wedding, I debated my options with myself. A lack of sunlight (its spring, meaning dismal drizzly weather) precluded natural tanning, and sun beds are supposed to be really bad for you, not to mention expensive, as are spray tans. Tights/stockings are out, as I want to wear sandals, so my options, realistically, were: fake tan or white legs. Now traditional fake tan tends to a) streak and b) go orange, especially around areas like knees and heels. A while ago, a friend told me about a new type, which is basically body lotion with a little fake tan mixed in, and it worked well for her. I decided to check it out, and being broke, decided to avoid the £5 a bottle namebrand stuff, and went for the ripoff stuff from Poundland, fully expecting it to either do nothing, or leave streaks that I would have to wash off. Surprisingly, it did neither. My legs are still pale, but not embarassingly so, and its pretty even too. You are supposed to build it up gradually - one application a day, but I think this slight bit of colour is enough for legs that haven't seen the light all winter! I might just add another layer the day before, but I suspect that too many layers will result in the typical 'orange' effect, as it does have a very slight yellow tint to it, not that one would notice without looking closely in good light... All in all, I'm happy with it, and I didn't waste a quid! :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home