Monday, June 26, 2006

Mildly interesting weekend

On Saturday it was the second Samaritans training session. Its going well so far, though its a lot to take in in a short space of time! Afterwards, Ali wanted me to go on a pub crawl with her friends from work. I was pretty drained, but decided to go anyway, which turned out to be the right decision as I didn't want to spend the evening alone. We both ended up pretty tipsy, though Ali started feeling ill on the train home. It probably had more to do with the fact that she finished off Matt's vindaloo than the amount of beer she had drunk...

On Sunday we woke up stupidly early coz Ali was playing golf in a tournament. Apparently she didn't play terribly well, but didn't have the lowest score of the day either. I managed to get back to sleep for a while, but still woke up feeling fairly shit - the cold that I have been fending off for about 2 weeks has finally caught up with me! (No, it wasn't a hangover. Hangovers don't make you lose your voice.)

On the plus side, I checked the lottery results - I matched 3 numbers and have won a tenner! That was exciting for a while. Now I just need to stop into the post office to claim it sometime.

Sunday went downhill from there, my sore throat got worse, my nose got bunged up and I started coughing. As you can imagine, I stayed home today. There was no way I would have coped with even a fairly well behaved class, never mind a difficult one! Feeling a bit better now though, I might make it in tomorrow. Sleeping most of the day seems to have helped a fair bit, though my head still feels like it might explode if I move too suddenly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home